Replication is distributing changes to data in order to maintain consistent Databases.
Microsoft has initiated some excellent work on
Data Design Patterns
There are three Methods of Replication :-
- Snapshop - Copies an entire view of data to another computer.
- Transaction - INSERT, UPDATE or DELETEs, executed on one computer are replicated to another computer.
- Merge - Updates on any computer will be replicated to another computer at a later time.
There are three Components :-
- Publisher - source of Data to be replicated.
- Distributer - mechanism for distributing replicated data.
- Subscriber - targets for replicated Data.