Here is our current Steps involved :-
- Create an online Glossary of Terms
- Bottom-up Approach - Identify the 'Things of Interest' involved.
- Determine the Relationships between the 'Things of Interest'.
- Follow Naming Standards -
- Primary Keys with Code fields for Reference Data
- Names beginning wih REF_ for Reference Data Entities
- Primary Keys with Auto-Increment ID fields.
- Look for suitable Generic Models
- Look for suitable Subject Area Models
- Review appropriate Tutorials
- Look for suitable Enterprise Data Models
- Look for suitable Industry Sector Models
Best Data Model
We would also like to maintain a list of the 'Best Data Models',
Of course, that is subjective so we would like you to specify your criteria when you nominate your 'Best Model'.
To get the ball rolling, here is our Choice:-
1. From Barry, this Canonical Data Model and the reasons are that it is economical, very powerful and good to look at.
March 14th. 2014
Database Answers Ltd.